Go to the “Take Action” page here to see what you can do to help right now. In a 7 to 5 vote, SB399 was passed out of the Senate Appropriations Committee. Now headed to a vote on the Senate floor, every Senator’s vote is needed. The week of June 1st Senators will be asked to state whether they believe young people are different from adults and cast their votes on this important bill.
- Miranda Rights for Youth! Support SB 395
- New Law
- AB 1276: Protecting Young Adults Entering State Prison
- New US Supreme Court Case on Youth Life without Parole Sentences!
- SB 261: Expanding Youth Offender Parole through Age 22
- SB 382: Changing the criteria used in the most important decision the state makes about a youth
- Senate Bill 260 – Justice for Juveniles with Adult Prison Sentences
- Recent Court Cases on Extreme Sentences for Youth
- Senate Bill 9 – California Fair Sentencing for Youth
- Changed Lives
You are currently browsing the Fair Sentencing for Youth blog archives for May, 2009.