On July 5th, the California Assembly Public Safety Committee moved the Fair Sentening for Youth Act forward with a vote of confidence that the modest bill is the right thing for California. The bill now must pass in the Appropriations Committee, and then it go to the Assembly floor for a full vote.
- Miranda Rights for Youth! Support SB 395
- New Law
- AB 1276: Protecting Young Adults Entering State Prison
- New US Supreme Court Case on Youth Life without Parole Sentences!
- SB 261: Expanding Youth Offender Parole through Age 22
- SB 382: Changing the criteria used in the most important decision the state makes about a youth
- Senate Bill 260 – Justice for Juveniles with Adult Prison Sentences
- Recent Court Cases on Extreme Sentences for Youth
- Senate Bill 9 – California Fair Sentencing for Youth
- Changed Lives
You are currently browsing the Fair Sentencing for Youth blog archives for July, 2011.