In August 25th, the California State Assembly gave 40 votes to SB 9, one short for passage, but reconsideration was granted and the bill will be get a second chance in the new year. Let your representatives know what you think of their vote! Thank those who voted yes, and tell those who abstained or voted no that they should support this important legislation.
- Miranda Rights for Youth! Support SB 395
- New Law
- AB 1276: Protecting Young Adults Entering State Prison
- New US Supreme Court Case on Youth Life without Parole Sentences!
- SB 261: Expanding Youth Offender Parole through Age 22
- SB 382: Changing the criteria used in the most important decision the state makes about a youth
- Senate Bill 260 – Justice for Juveniles with Adult Prison Sentences
- Recent Court Cases on Extreme Sentences for Youth
- Senate Bill 9 – California Fair Sentencing for Youth
- Changed Lives
You are currently browsing the Fair Sentencing for Youth blog archives for September, 2011.