The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights has agreed to hear the petition of 32 youth sentenced to life in prison without parole in Michigan. Read the report here. The IACHR will rule on whether these children were victims of violations of the American Declaration.
- Miranda Rights for Youth! Support SB 395
- New Law
- AB 1276: Protecting Young Adults Entering State Prison
- New US Supreme Court Case on Youth Life without Parole Sentences!
- SB 261: Expanding Youth Offender Parole through Age 22
- SB 382: Changing the criteria used in the most important decision the state makes about a youth
- Senate Bill 260 – Justice for Juveniles with Adult Prison Sentences
- Recent Court Cases on Extreme Sentences for Youth
- Senate Bill 9 – California Fair Sentencing for Youth
- Changed Lives
You are currently browsing the Fair Sentencing for Youth blog archives for May, 2012.